Elements of the Cosmos
As I started diving into The Testament of Solomon, I came across a part of his testament about the “Thirty three Elements of the Cosmos”, “Cosmic ruler of the darkness”. In never having heard of this before, I came to learn in my research what this was / meant.
In the New Testament of The Bible, in Galatians, and Colossians, it speaks of these “elements”, and how men can be free from them. Saying how eventually these elements become weak and pointless, being later-on defeated by the power of Christ.
Simply enough, these “Elements of the Cosmos” are evil spirits, ideals, thoughts, and ways to lead humanity down dark paths of evil and sin. They give false teachings, and portray themselves as Gods.
So in Solomon’s testament, he encounters these Elements. They introduce themselves as the “Thirty three elements of the cosmic ruler of the darkness”. The seven of them each introduce themselves to Solomon, and they go as listed:
1. Deception - “I deceive and weave snares here and there. I whet and excite heresies. But I have an angel who frustrates me, Lamechalal.”
2. Strife - “I bring timbers, stones, hangers, my weapons on the spot. But I have an angel who frustrates me, Baruchiachel.”
3. Klothod (battle) - “I cause the well-behaved to scatter and fall foul one of the other. And why do I say so much? I have an angel that frustrates me: ‘Marmarath’”
4. Jealousy - “I cause men to forget their sobriety and moderation. I part them and split them into parties; for Strife follows me hand in hand. I rend the husband from the wife, and children from parents, and brothers from sisters. But why tell so much to my despite? I have an angel that frustrates me, the great Balthial.”
5. Power - “I am Power. By powers I raise up tyrants and tear down kings. To all rebels I furnish power. I have an angel that frustrates me, Asteraoth.”
6. Error - “…I will make thee to err, as I have before made thee to err, when I caused thee to slay thy own brother. I will lead you into error, so as to pry into graves; and I teach them that dig, and I lead errant souls away from all piety, and many other evil traits are mine. But I have an angel that frustrates me, Uriel.”
—– And the seventh element simply referring to herself as “the worst of all” -
“I am the worst, and I make thee worse off than thou wast; because I will impose the bonds of Artemis. But the locust will set me free, for by means thereof is it fated that thou shalt achieve my desire. For if one were wise, he would not turn his steps toward me.”
Credit to tumblr.witch333s.com ~